Sunday 10 February 2013

Outdoors at night

Night-time project in a city centre with plenty of brightly lit buildings and streets to explore the variety of lighting effects and colour in artificial light.  I had some interesting effects with varying the exposure, but found I had to chose between darkening the sky, retaining detail in the main part of the image or blowing out lights completely.  I got a bit carried away with this, abandoned all thoughts of composition, and snapped away at bright lights where ever I found them!  The photos are loaded in time order, so you can work out my route, the first picture was taken in Carnaby Street at dusk.  I used two different ISO settings: 800 for the most part, and then when it got really dark, I switched to ISO 2000 (aware that this would render the image grainy).  Some of these shots are also blurred- they were taken handheld as I didn't have my tripod with me.  I also took far more than the exercise required....73 to be precise...

ISO 800









 

 
 


 




















 
 











 





 

ISO 2000








 
















No comments:

Post a Comment